Thursday 21 July 2011

QR Code Craze

I have become a bit obsessed with QR codes lately; To the point where I am coming up with business ideas in my head which involve the use of QR coding.

They are everywhere I turn. Yesterday I received this Dominoe's Pizza leaflet through my door and, as you can see below, even IT has a QR code on it! You can scan the code with your smartphone to order pizza.


At letting's agents...


While shopping at CEX & HMV for dvd's & blu-rays....


Front

Back


Front

Back



Front

Back




I found these new release anime DVD's and they looked really cool. I automatically thought to myself, "Ok, I'll remember the title, go home, and watch the trailers for them online. If I like the trailers, I'll think about buying it."


Now you can just scan the QR codes on the back of the cases and the trailer comes up on your phone. I watched the trailer right there and then in the shop!(requires internet/wifi connection)


Amazing. Convenience + Great advertising.


These codes can be used by so many outlets and is an exciting preview of what the future holds for advertising.


[B]x

No comments:

Post a Comment